My primary interests are in the areas of high-speed and wireless networks with particular emphasis on the impact of these new technologies on the network and higher layer protocols and applications. I am interested in the protocols and applications for next generation wireless access networks such as optimizing video delivery over wireless mesh networks. I am interested in vehicular ad hoc networks with particular interest in the ad hoc computing to optimize vehicular traffic flows. I am also interested in active end-system analysis to optimize the end-to-end transport protocol performance. Finally, I am interested in the application of signal processing techniques in traffic classification, content identification, and detecting covert communication channels.
- Fred Liu, Dipak Ghosal, Chen-Nee Chuah, Michael Zhang, Reducing Greenhouse Effects via Fuel Consumption-Aware Variable Speed Limit (FC-VSL), Accepted for publication, IEEE Transactions on Vehicular Technology, VCN.
- R. Archibald, C. Corbett, Y. Liu, and Dipak Ghosal, "Diambiguating HTTP: Classifying Web Applications," In IWCMC-Traffic Analysis and Classification, July 2011, Istanbul, Turkey
- V. Ahuja, A. Banerjee, M. Farrens, G. Serazzi, D. Ghosal, "Introspective End-system Modeling to Optimize the Transfer Time of Rate Based Protocols", In Proceedings of the 20th International ACM Symposium on High Performance Parallel and Distributed Computing, San Jose, CA, June 8-11, 2011
- Haiping Liu, Xiaoling Qiu, Dipak Ghosal, Chen-Nee Chuah, Xin Liu, and Yueyue Fan, "Traffic-Tracing Gateway (TTG)," The30th IEEE International Conference on Computer Communications, IEEE INFOCOM 2011, April 10-15, Shanghai,China
- Behrooz Khorashadi, Fred Liu, Dipak Ghosal, Chen-Nee Chuah, Michael Zhang, "Distributed Automated Incident Detection with VGrid," IEEE Wireless Communications, February, 2011.