- Anab Kumar Biswas, Dipak Ghosal, and Shishir Nagaraja, A Survey of Timing Channels and Countermeasures, Accepted for publication in ACM Computing Surveys.
- Ross Gegan, Vishal Ahuja, John Owens, and Dipak Ghosal, Real-Time GPU-based Timing Channel Detection using Entropy, IEEE Conference on Communications and Network Security, 17-19 October 2016, Philadelphia, PA USA
- Jian Wu and Dipak Ghosal, Cost-Constrained Delay Minimization of C-RAN and its Multiplexing Gain, IEEE International Conference on Communication23-27 May 2016, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
- Weiwei Liu, Guangjie Liu, Jiangtao Zhai, Yuewei Dai, and Dipak Ghosal, Designing Analog Fountain Timing Channels: Ross Undetectability, Robustness, and Model-Adaptation, IEEE Transactions on Information Forensics and Security, April 2016.
- Rennie Archibald and Dipak Ghosal, Design and Analysis of a Model-Based Covert Timing Channel for Skype Traffic, 2015 IEEE Conference on Communications and Network Security (CNS) - IEEE CNS 2015, Florence, Italy, September/October 2015.
- Mani Amoozadeh, Arun Raghuram, Chen-Nee Chuah, Dipak Ghosal, H. Michael Zhang, Jeff Row, and Karl Levitt, Security Vulnerabilities of Connected Vehicles Streams and their Impact on Cooperative Driving, in Automotive Networking Series, IEEE Communications Magazine, April 2015.
- Mani Amoozadeh, Hui Deng, Chen-Nee Chuah, H. Michael Zhang, Dipak Ghosal, Platoon management with cooperative adaptive cruise control enabled by VANET, Vehicular Communications, March 2015.
- Yu Liu, Minh Huynh, Dipak Ghosal, Efficient Downlink Scheduling with Discontinuous Reception (DRX) Mechanism in LTE Network, IEEE International Conference on Computing, Networking, and Communication (ICNC), Anahiem, CA, Feb. 2015.
- Nathan Hanford, Vishal Ahuja, Matthew Farrens, Dipak Ghosal, Mehmet Balman, Eric Pouyoul, Brian Tierney, "Analysis of the Effect of Core Affinity on High-Throughput Flows," 2014 Fourth International Workshop on Network-Aware Data Management (NDM), Nov. 2014
- Dylan Wang, Abhinav Bhatele, Dipak Ghosal, Performance Variability due to Job Placement on Edison, Poster presented in SC14, The International Conference for High Performance Computing, Networking, Storage and Analysis, New Orleans, LA, November 2014.
- Nathan Hanford, Vishal Ahuja, Matthew Farrens, and Dipak Ghosal, Mehmet Balman, Eric Pouyoul, and Brian Tierney, " Impact of the End-System and Affinities on the Throughput of High-Speed Flows, Proceedings of The Tenth ACM/IEEE Symposium on Architectures for Networking and Communications Systems (ANCS) ANCS’14, October 20–21, 2014, Los Angeles, CA, USA.
- Rennie Archibald, Dipak Ghosal, A comparative analysis of detection metrics for covert timing channels, Computers & Security, May 2014,
- Yu Liu, Minh Huynh, Ashima Gupta, Dipak Ghosal, Performance Analysis of Adjustable Discontinuous Reception (DRX) Mechanism in LTE Network, 23rd Wireless and Optical Communication Conference (WOCC 2014), May 9, 2014.
- Ahmed Ahmedin, Kartik Pandit, Dipak Ghosal, Amitabha Ghosh, Exploiting Scalable Video Coding for Content Aware Downlink Video Delivery over LTE, Distributed Computing and Networking Lecture Notes in Computer Science, Volume 8314, 2014, pp 423-437.
- Nathan Hanford, Vishal Ahuja, Mehmet Balman, Matthew K. Farrens, Dipak Ghosal, Eric Pouyoul, and Brian Tierney. 2013. Characterizing the impact of end-system affinities on the end-to-end performance of high-speed flows. In Proceedings of the Third International Workshop on Network-Aware Data Management (NDM '13). ACM, New York, NY, USA.
- Yu Liu, Minh Huynh, Ashima Gupta, Dipak Ghosal, Optimization of discontinuous reception (DRX) operation during intra-LTE handover, IEEE Global Information Infrastructure Symposium, 2013, Trento, Italy, October 2013.
- Kartik Pandit, Dipak Ghosal, Member, IEEE, H. Michael Zhang, and Chen-Nee Chuah, Adaptive Trafﬁc Signal Control With Vehicular Ad hoc Networks, IEEE TRANSACTIONS ON VEHICULAR TECHNOLOGY, VOL. 62, NO. 4, MAY 2013.
- Matthias Kirchner, Dipak Ghosal: Information Hiding - 14th International Conference, IH 2012, Berkeley, CA, USA, May 15-18, 2012, Revised Selected Papers. Lecture Notes in Computer Science 7692, Springer 2013, ISBN 978-3-642-36372-6
- Bojin Liu. Dipak Ghosal, Chen-Nee Chuah, H. Michael Zhang, "Reducing Greenhouse Effects via Fuel Consumption-Aware Variable Speed Limit (FC-VSL), " IEEE Transactions on Vehicular Technology, 2012.
- Ahuja, V.; Ghosal, D.; Farrens, M., "Minimizing the Data Transfer Time Using Multicore End-System Aware Flow Bifurcation," Cluster, Cloud and Grid Computing (CCGrid), 2012 12th IEEE/ACM International Symposium on , vol., no., pp.595,602, 13-16 May 2012.
- Bojin Liu. Dipak Ghosal, Chen-Nee Chuah, H. Michael Zhang, "Analysis of the Information Storage Capability of VANET for Highway and City Traffic," Transportation Research Part C, Special Issue on Data Management in Vehicular Networks, 2012.
- Rennie Archibald and Dipak Ghosal, A Covert Timing Channel Based on Fountain Codes,” IEEE TrustCom, ACS Workshop, Liverpool, June, 2012
- Vishal Ahuja, Matthew Farrens, and Dipak Ghosal. Cache-aware affinitization on commodity multicores for high-speed network flows. In Proceedings of the eighth ACM/IEEE symposium on Architectures for networking and communications systems (ANCS '12). ACM, New York, NY, USA, 39-48.
- K Pandit, A Ghosh, D Ghosal, M Chiang, Content aware optimization for video delivery over WCDMA, EURASIP Journal on Wireless Communications and NetworkingJuly 2012, 2012:217.
- Abu S. Reaz, Vishwanath Ramamurthi, Massimo Tornatore, Suman Sarkar, Dipak Ghosal, and Biswanath Mukherjee, “Cost-Efficient Design for Higher Capacity Wireless-Optical Broadband Access Network (WOBAN),” Accepted for publication in Computer Networks, The International Journal of Computer and Telecommunications Networking, 2011.
- Vishwanath Ramamurthi, Abu S. Reaz, Dipak Ghosal, Sudhir Dixit, and Biswanath Mukherjee, “Channel, Capacity, and Flow Assignment in Wireless Mesh Networks,” Accepted for publication in Computer Networks, The International Journal of Computer and Telecommunications Networking, 2011.
- V. Ahuja, A. Banerjee, M. Farrens, G. Serazzi, D. Ghosal, "Introspective End-system Modeling to Optimize the Transfer Time of Rate Based Protocols", In Proceedings of the 20th International ACM Symposium on High Performance Parallel and Distributed Computing, San Jose, CA, June 8-11, 2011.
- Rennie Archibald, Cherita Corbett, Yali Liu, and Dipak Ghosal, "Diambiguating HTTP: Classifying Web Applications," In IWCMC-Traffic Analysis and Classification, July 2011, Istanbul, Turkey.
- Haiping Liu, Xiaoling Qiu, Dipak Ghosal, Chen-Nee Chuah, Xin Liu, and Yueyue Fan, "Traffic-Tracing Gateway (TTG)," The30th IEEE International Conference on Computer Communications, IEEE INFOCOM 2011, April 10-15, Shanghai,China.
- Bejrooz Khorashadi, Fred Liu, Dipak Ghosal, Chen-Nee Chuah, Michael Zhang, "Distributed Automated Incident Detection with VGrid," IEEE Wireless Communications, February, 2011.
- Xiaoling Qiu; Haiping Liu; Dipak Ghosal; Biswanath Mukherjee; John Benko; Wei Li; Rashmi Bajaj, Enhancing the Performance of Video Streaming in Wireless Mesh Networks, Wireless Personal Communications, 56, no. 3 (2011): 535-557.
- Yali Liu, Dipak Ghosal, Biswanath Mukherjee and Ahmad-Reza Sadeghi. Video Streaming Forensic - Content Identification with Traffic Snooping, 13th Information Security Conference (ISC 2010), Boca-Raton, Florida, October 25-28, 2010.
- Andre Dragos, Massimo Tornatore, Chip Martel, Dipak Ghosal, Biswanath Mukherjee, Provisioning Subwavelength Multicast Sessions with Flexible Scheduling over WDM Networks, OSA/IEEE Journal of Optical Communication and Networking. 2010
- Y. Liu, F. Armknecht, D. Ghosal, S. Katzenbeisser, A. Sadeghi, S. Schulz, “Robust and Undetectable Covert Timing Channels for i.i.d. Traffic,” 12th Information Hiding Conferences (IH10), 2010.
- Bojin Liu, Behrooz Khorashadi, Dipak Ghosal, Chen-Nee Chuah, Michael Zhang, "Assessing the VANET's Local Information Storage Capability under Different Traffic Mobility," 2010 IEEE INFOCOM, San Diego, CA.
- Bojin Liu; Behrooz Khorashadi; Haining Du; Dipak Ghosal; Chen-Nee Chuah;VGSIM: AN INTEGRATED NETWORKING AND MICROSCOPE VEHICULAR MOBILITY SIMULATION PLATFORM, IEEE communications Magazine. 47, no. 5, (2009): 134.
- Yali Liu, Frederik Armknecht, Dipak Ghosal, Stefan Katzenbeisser, Ahmad-Reza Sadeghi, Steffen Schulz, Hide and Seek in Time - Robust Covert Timing Channels, 14th European Symposium on Research in Computer Security Saint Malo, France | September 21-25, 2009.
- Xiaoling Qiu, Haiping Liu, Dipak Ghosal, Biswanath Mukherjee, John Benko, Wei Li, and Rashmi Bajaj, Adaptive Video Compression Rate Optimization in Wireless Access Network, in The 34th IEEE Conference on Local Computer Networks (LCN), Zürich, Switzerland, October 21-23, 2009.
- A. Banerjee, W.-C. Feng, D. Ghosal, and B. Mukherjee, Algorithms for Integrated Routing and Scheduling for Aggregating Data from Distributed Resources on a Lambda Grid, IEEE Transactions on Parallel and Distributed Systems, vol. 19, no. 1, pp. 24-34, January 2008
- H. Du, M. Zhang, C-N. Chuah, and D. Ghosal, A Finer Resolution Cellular Automata Model for Inter-Vehicle Communication Applications, Transportation Research Board 2008 Annual Meeting, pp 13, January 2008.
- Y. Liu, K. Chiang, C. Corbett, R. Archibald, B. Mukherjee, and D. Ghosal, A Novel Audio Steganalysis Based on High-Order Statistics of a Distortion Measure with Hausdorff Distance. Information Security Conference (ISC) 2008, pp. 487-501.
- Y. Liu, C. Corbett, K. Chiang, R. Archibald, B. Mukherjee, D. Ghosal, Detecting Sensitive Data Exfiltration by an Insider Attack, Proc. the 4th Annual Workshop on Cyber Security and Information Intelligence Research (CSIIRW '08), pp. 1-3, New York, 2008.
- A. S. Reaz, V. Ramamurthi, D. Ghosal, J. Benko, W. Li, S. Dixit, and B. Mukherjee, Enhancing Multi-hop Wireless Mesh Networks with a Ring Overlay, IEEE WiMesh, San Francisco, June 16, 2008.
- C-N. Chuah, H. Du, D. Ghosal, B. Khorashadi, B. Liu, C. Smith, and H. M. Zhang, Distributed Vehicular Traffic Control and Safety Applications with VGrid, IEEE Wireless Hive Networks Conference, Austin, TX, August, 2008.
- V. Ramamurthi, A. S. Reaz, D. Ghosal, and B. Mukherjee, MIMO-based Rate Adaptation to Enhance TCP Throughput over Wireless fading Channels, IEEE Globecom 2008,New Orleans, LA, Nov. 30 - Dec. 3, 2008.
- J. Yick, B. Mukherjee, and D Ghosal, Wireless sensor network survey, Computer Networks, Volume 52, Issue 12, 22 August 2008, Pages 2292-2330
- J. Yick, B. Mukherjee, and D. Ghosal, Distributed target tracking and boundary estimation in wireless sensor networks, International Journal of Autonomous and Adaptive Communications Systems, Volume 1, Number 3 / 2008, Pages: 308 - 331.
- A. S. Reaz, V. Ramamurthi, S. Sarkar, D. Ghosal, S. Dixit, and B. Mukherjee, “CaDAR: an Efficient Routing Algorithm for Wireless-Optical Broadband Access Network,” Proc., IEEE International Conference on Communications (ICC) '08, Beijing, China, May 2008.
- Y. Liu, C. Ou, Z. Li, C. Corbett, B. Mukherjee, D. Ghosal, “Wavelet-Based Traffic Analysis for Identifying Video Streams over Broadband Networks,” IEEE Global Communications Conference (GLOBECOM), Nov., 2008 .
- A. S. Reaz, V. Ramamurthi, S. Sarkar, D. Ghosal, B. Mukherjee, "Hybrid Wireless-Optical Broadband Access Network (WOBAN): Capacity Enhancement for Wireless Access", accepted for publication in IEEE Globecom 2008,New Orleans, LA, Nov. 30 - Dec. 3, 2008.
- H. Du, M. Zhang, C-N. Chuah, and D. Ghosal, “A Finer Resolution Cellular Automata Model for Inter-Vehicle Communication Applications,” Transportation Research Board 2008 Annual Meeting, 13 pp, January 2008.
- V. Pandey, D. Ghosal, B. Mukherjee, and X. Wu, "Call admission and handoff control in multi-tier cellular networks: algorithms and analysis," Wireless Personal Communications, vol. 43, no. 3, pp. 857-878, Nov. 2007.
- B. Khorashadi, A. P. Chen, C. –Nee Chuah, D. Ghosal, “Impact of power on the performance of TCP in vehicular ad hoc networks,” Invited Paper, Fourth Annual Conference on Wireless On demand Network Systems and Services, January 24-26, 2007, Obergurgl, Austria.
- J. Yick, G. Pasternack, B. Mukherjee, and D. Ghosal, Placement of network services in a wireless Sensor Network, International Journal of Wireless and Mobile Computing, 2007.
- J. Yick, B. Mukherjee, and D. Ghosal, Mobile Target Tracking with Boundary Estimation Using Wireless Sensor Networks, under review in Journal of Ad Hoc Networks.
- V. Pandey, D. Ghosal, B. Mukherjee, Call Admission and Handoff Control in Cellular Wireless Networks, under review in International Journal Wireless Personal Communication.
- V. Pandey, D. Ghosal and B. Mukherjee, Pricing-Based Approaches in the Design of Next-Generation Wireless Networks: A Review and a New Proposal, IEEE Communications Surveys and Tutorials.
- A. Banerjee, D. Ghosal, B. Mukherjee, and W. Feng, Algorithms for Integrated Routing and Scheduling for Aggregating Data from Distributed Resources on a Lambda Grid" IEEE Transaction on Parallel and Distributed Systems.
- A. Banerjee, D. Ghosal, and B. Mukherjee, Modeling and Analysis to Estimate the End-System Performance Bottleneck Rate for High-Speed Data Transfer, Fifth International Workshop on Protocols for Fast Long-Distance Networks (PFLDNet) 2007, Los Angeles.
- Dragos Andrei, Dipak Ghosal and Biswanath Mukherjee, “A High-Performance Online Cooperative File-Transfer Mechanism over Lambda Grids,” under review in International Communications Conference (ICC) 2007.
- Dragos Andrei, Biswanath Mukherjee, and Dipak Ghosal, “Online Scheduling of Large File Transfers over Lambda Grids,” International Communications Conference (ICC) 2007.
- A. Banerjee, W. Feng, B. Mukherjee, and D. Ghosal, RAPID: An End-System Aware Protocol for Intelligent Data-Transfer over Lambda-Grids, in the Proceedings of the IEEE/ACM International Parallel and Distributed Processing Symposium (IPDPS 2006), Rhode Island, Greece, April 2006.
- A. Banerjee, W. Feng, B. Mukherjee, and D. Ghosal, "End-system Performance Aware Transport over Optical Circuit-Switched Connections," IEEE INFOCOM High-Speed Networking Workshop: The Terabits Challenge, April 2006.
- N. Rao, Q. Wu, S. Carter, W. Wing, A. Banerjee, D. Ghosal, and B. Mukherjee, "Control Plane for Advance Bandwidth Scheduling in Ultra High-Speed Networks," IEEE INFOCOM High-Speed Networking Workshop: The Terabits Challenge, April 2006.
- A. P. Chen, B. Khorashadi, C.-Nee Chuah, D. Ghosal, and H. M. Zhang, “Smoothing Vehicular Traffic Flow using Vehicular-based Ad Hoc Networking & Computing Grid (VGrid),” IEEE ITSC 2006, September 17-20, 20006, Toronto, Canada.
- B. Khorshadi, X. Liu, and D. Ghosal, Determining the Peer Resource Contributions in a P2P Contract, Second International Workshop on Hot Topics in Peer-to-Peer Systems (HOT-P2P 2005), San Diego, California, July 2005.
- S. Narayan, J. Pandya, P. Mohapatra, and D. Ghosal, Analysis of Windowing and Peering Schemes for Cache Coherency in Mobile Devices, International Conference on Networking, Waterloo Canada, May 2005.
- S. Mueller and D. Ghosal, Analysis of a Distributed Algorithm to Determine Multiple Routes with Path Diversity in Ad Hoc Networks, 3rd Intl. Symposium on Modeling and Optimization in Mobile, Ad Hoc, and Wireless Networks, WiOpt 2005, Riva del Garda, Trentino, Italy, April 3 - 7, 2005.
- J. LeBrun, C.-N. Chuah, D. Ghosal, and H. M. Zhang, Knowledge-Based Opportunistic Forwarding in Vehicular Wireless Ad Hoc Networks, IEEE 61st Vehicular Technology Conference VTC 2005 Spring, 29th May - 1st June, Stockholm, Sweden.
- J. Anda, J. LeBrun, D. Ghosal, C.-N. Chuah and M. Zhang, VGrid: Vehicular AdHoc Networking and Computing Grid for Intelligent Traffic Control, IEEE 61st Vehicular Technology Conference VTC 2005 Spring, 29th May - 1st June, Stockholm, Sweden.
- A. Banerjee, W.-C. Feng, B. Mukherjee, and D. Ghosal, Routing and Scheduling Large File Transfers over Lambda Grids, Third International Workshop on Protocols for Fast Long-Distance Networks PFLDNet 2005, February 3,4 2005,Lyon France.
- V. Pandey, D. Ghosal, and B. Mukherjee, Exploiting User Profiles to Support Differentiated Services in Next-Generation Wireless Networks. IEEE Network Magazine, September 2004.
- H. C. Chang, H. Du, J. Anda, C.-Nee Chuah, D. Ghosal, and H. M. Zhang. Enabling Energy Demand Response with Vehicular Mesh Networks, in Sixth IFIP IEEE International Conference on Mobile and Wireless Communication Networks, October 25-27, Paris, France.
- A. Banerjee, N. Singhal, J. Zhang, D. Ghosal, C. -N Chuah, and B. Mukherjee, A Time–Path Scheduling Problem (TPSP) for Aggregating Large Data Files from Distributed Databases using an Optical Burst-Switched Network, in International Communication Conference (ICC), Paris, 2004.
- X. Wu, B. Mukherjee, and D. Ghosal, Hierarchical Architectures in the Third Generation Cellular Network, in IEEE Wireless Communication Magazine, June 2004.
- V. Ponduru, B. Mukherjee, and D. Ghosal, A Distributed Coverage-Preserving Multipath Routing Protocol in Wireless Sensor Networks, Technical Report, Department of Computer Science, University of California, Davis, March 2004.
- D. Ghosal, B. Poon, and D. Ghosal, Analysis of Implementation Strategies for Resource and Service Exchange Using P2P Contracts, Technical Report, Department of Computer Science, University of California, Davis, March 2004.
- J. P. Pandya, P. Mohapatra, and D. Ghosal, Asymptotic Analysis of a Peer Enhanced Cache Invalidation Scheme, in Proceeding WiOPT: Modeling and Optimization in Mobile, Ad Hoc and Wireless Networks 24th - 26th of March, 2004, University of Cambridge, UK.
- J.Yick, A. Bharatidhasan, B. Mukherjee, G. Pasternack, and D. Ghosal, Optimizing Placement of Beacons and Data Loggers in a Sensor Network, in Proceedings Wireless Communications and Networking Conference (WCNC) 2004, Atlanta, March 24-26, 2004.
- D. Ghosal, B. Poon, and K. Kong, P2P Contracts: A Framework for Resource and Service Exchange, Future Generation Computer Systems, Special issue on Peer-to-Peer Networks, 2004.
- S. Mueller and D. Ghosal, Multipath Routing in Mobile Ad Hoc Networks: Issues and Challenges, Invited paper in Lecture Notes in Computer Science, Edited by Maria Carla Calzarossa and Erol Gelenbe, 2004.
- K. Kong and D. Ghosal. P2P Contracts: A Utility-based Framework for Resource and Service Exchange, Technical Report, June 2003.
- S. Kovvuri, V. Pandey, B. Mukherjee, D. Ghosal, and D. Sarkar, A Call-admission Control (CAC) Algorithm for Providing Guaranteed QoS in Cellular Networks, International Journal of Wireless and Mobile Computing, 2003.
- W. Wen, B. Mukherjee, S.-H. Gary Chan, D Ghosal, LVMSR: an efficient algorithm to multicast layered video, Computer Networks 41 (2003), 363–38.
- B. Reynolds and D. Ghosal, Secure IP Telephony using Multi-Layer Protection, The 10th Annual Network and Distributed System Security Symposium, San Diego, California, February 2003.
- X.-yan Fang and D. Ghosal, Performance Modeling and QoS Evaluation of MAC/RLC Layer in GSM/GPRS Networks, ICC 2003 General Conference - Networking, May 2003.
- J. Abramson, Xiao-yan Fang, and D. Ghosal. Analysis of an Enhanced Signaling Network for Scalable Mobility Management in Next Generation Wireless Networks. IEEE Globecom. Taiwan, ROC, November 2002.
- B. Reynolds and D. Ghosal. STEM: Secure Telephony Enabled Middlebox. IEEE Communications Magazine Special Issue on Security in Telecommunication Networks. October 2002.
- M. C. Caesar, D. Ghosal, and R. H. Katz. Resource Management for IP Telephony Networks, Tenth International Workshop on Quality of Service (IWQoS 2002). Miami Beach, May 15-17, 2002.
- M. C. Caesar and D. Ghosal. IP Telephony, Invited paper, Encyclopedia on Telecommunications, 2002, Wiley InterScience.
- J. Escorcia, D. Ghosal, and D. Sarkar, ``A Novel Cache Distribution Heuristic Algorithm for a Mesh of Caches and its Performance Evaluation,'' Computer Communication, Vol. 25, February 2002, pp. 329-340.
- K. Kong and D. Ghosal, Mitigating Server-Side Congestion in the Internet Through Pseudoserving, IEEE/ACM Transactions on Networking, August, 1999.